Availability Request Back Monuments » Basilica di San Martino  

Address: Via Masaniello, 1
Place: Martina Franca (TA)
Web site: www.basilicasanmartino.it
Phone: 080 430 6536
Cellular: -
Fax: -

  Photo Gallery

Built in the second half of the eighteenth century, on the initiative of the archpriest Chirulli Isidoro, on the site where once stood the previous Romanesque collegiate, is the pearl of the baroque Martina. It is characterized by the beautiful and majestic façade, which stands centrally on the image of the patron who divides his cloak with a beggar in Amiens. Inside noteworthy are the high altar in polychrome marble of the Neapolitan school of 1773, the large chapel of the Blessed Sacrament, a crib by Stefano da Putignano and several paintings by Domenico Antonio Carella. It houses the relics of St. Comasia, which according to tradition martyred between the second and fourth centuries.

Availability Request  


Back